Date: 5/4/18 10:32 am
From: Gail Mackiernan <katahdinss...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Migrants at high noon
Hi all,

After a very quiet couple hours at Wheaton Regional Park, we decided in late morning to take the dogs for a walk along NW Branch in Colesville. Barry grabbed his bins at the last moment “because you never know.” Good thing he did, as we ran into a flock of warblers on the dot of noon. Bit of a struggle with four lively dogs in tow, and one pair of bins between us, but we managed to ID ten species of warbler (and missed a few others.) Best was our first Blue-winged of the year. Others included B&W, BTB, Chestnut-sided, Yellow, Redstart, Myrtle, Yellowthroat, Parula and Magnolia. Other migrants in same area included Acadian and Great created FC, Red-eye Vireo, and Indigo Bunting. And a Solitary SP.

As they say, you never know...

Gail Mackiernan and Barry Cooper
Colesville, MD

Sent from my iPad