Date: 5/4/18 9:52 am
From: Chris Kubiak <ckubiak...>
Subject: Todd Nature Reserve 5/4 (Butler Co.)
Had a great day birding this morning at Audubon Society of Western
Pennsylvania's Todd Nature Reserve in Buffalo Township, Butler County. As
part of our weekly Friday Todd walks we found 14 species of warbler
(Ovenbird, Hooded, Black-throated Blue, Black-throated Green, Kentucky,
Nashville, Black & White, Worm-eating, Yellow-rump, Blackburnian, Louisiana
Waterthrush, Blue-winged, Chestnut-sided, Common Yellowthroat), 4 species of
Thrushes (Wood, Hermit, Veery, Swainson), also 1 First of the Season Eastern
Wood Pewee, 1 Indigo Bunting, 2 Catbirds, and 2 female Scarlet Tanagers.
Also of note was one each of Pileated Woodpecker and Northern Flicker, and
several White-throated Sparrows.

The only raptor was a calling broad-winged Hawk which breed on the reserve.
And good numbers of the usual suspects (Towhees, Phoebes, etc.) were also
noted on the walk.

ASWP's Todd walk is every Friday, rain or shine, at 9 am starting in the
parking lot area.

Chris Kubiak| Director of Education

Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania

614 Dorseyville Road, Pittsburgh PA 15238

412-963-6100 ext. 12 | aswp.org

Connecting People to Birds and Nature Since 1916!

Join us on Facebook!