Date: 5/4/18 9:12 am
From: Scott Seltman <sselt...>
Subject: Re: BBWDs at Larned / 4 May

The Black-bellied Whistling-Ducks had returned to the sandpit SE of Larned by 10AM on Friday. Somewhere they picked up a buddy and all 8 were along the shore on the north side of K-19. I took a few pics.

Other arrivals for me this morning south of Larned included Spotted Sandpiper, Great-crested Flycatcher, Warbling and Bell's Vireos, Yellow Warbler and Blue Grosbeak. Lot of passerines in scattered flocks everywhere I drove.

If you're driving through Larned on the way to KOS or if you're headed west from Quivira NWR on 140th blacktop, I recommend giving the ducks a try. It's only a 30 mile detour from US 50 if you're westbound on that highway.

Scott Seltman

Larned, Kansas

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to