Date: 5/4/18 9:08 am
From: Jim Berry <jim.berry3...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Daniel Boone Park, Ipswich, May 4, 2018
Daniel Boone Park, Ipswich

May 4, 2018 7:40 AM - 10:10 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.5 mile(s)
Comments: After a slow start, Boone Park turned into a bonanza later in the morning despite the on & off drizzle. Several migrant species had moved in, though there were no spotted thrushes to be seen or heard. Distance is longer than usual because I also walked in the adjacent Dow Park.
35 species

Wild Turkey 5
Mourning Dove 1
Barred Owl 1
Chimney Swift 1
Red-bellied Woodpecker 2
Downy Woodpecker 4
Northern Flicker 1 not seen
Pileated Woodpecker 1
Great Crested Flycatcher 2
Eastern Kingbird 2
Blue Jay 11
American Crow 8
Fish Crow 1
Black-capped Chickadee 6
Tufted Titmouse 14
White-breasted Nuthatch 1
House Wren 4
Winter Wren 2 males singing in two disparate territories
Carolina Wren 2
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 1
American Robin 7
Gray Catbird 7
Ovenbird 3
Black-and-white Warbler 2
Northern Parula 1
Black-throated Blue Warbler 1
Pine Warbler 1
Chipping Sparrow 1
Scarlet Tanager 1
Northern Cardinal 11
Baltimore Oriole 4
Red-winged Blackbird 2
Brown-headed Cowbird 3
House Finch 1
American Goldfinch 7

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45248438

I stopped at Shaw's on my way home and immediately heard a yellow warbler and a yellowthroat, and surprised a green heron in the little pond beside the drug store.

http://www.avg.com

Join us on Facebook!