Date: 5/4/18 7:42 am
From: Keith Hawkins <kdrjnest...>
Subject: Strange but Wow! Northern Bobwhite
I was out front of our house here in 'The Heights' neighborhood of Little
Rock. I thought I heard a Bobwhite but then said to myself, no way it must
be a Northern Mockingbird or someone messing around one block over. I pulled
out my phone and played the territorial call-the bird went silent. A few
minutes later I heard the call again but this time it was just across the
street. I looked and looked with no luck. So I played the contact call and a
bird flew toward my backyard so I went there. I played the contact call
again and he jumped up onto my back fence. I did get a picture and reported
on e-bird. Strange, strange but so exciting-a new backyard bird.

Keith Hawkins

'The Heights' Little Rock and Big Branch Farm Perry County.

Join us on Facebook!