Date: 5/4/18 7:41 am
From: Patrick Malone <pmalone...>
Subject: [MDBirding] eagle report on GW Parkway
Friends: One or the other of the parent eagles can be seen most daylight
hours on the nest in the median strip of GW Parkway, just off of Fort
Bennett Park in Arlington. Here's a photo from last evening, with baby
right behind mom. Compare this to photo i took on April 10 of same nest,
where you can count three babies. Don't know if the other two are still
there.

Also for mid-Atlantic birding friends, a week ago today I found another
spot in Florida (new to me but probably not to many of you) with fantastic
bird watching opportunities, and a quick and cheap plane flight from DCA.
This is Fort DeSoto park off of St. Petersburg. Roughly 45 minutes by car
from Tampa airport. Here are some photos of terns, laughing gulls, reddish
egret, yellow-crowned night heron, various kinds of shorebirds.
https://flic.kr/s/aHskAqUxiJ

Pat Malone