Date: 5/4/18 6:08 am
From: Steve Seibel <sseibel999...>
Subject: FOS Mississippi Kites in Wichita
Well, I've been watching the Mississippi Kite sightings show up around
Oklahoma City-- one on 4/23 and many from 4/29 onward-- a couple of
Kansas sightings had already appeared in the last few days of April
too-- one from well north of Wichita-- then I saw Tom Ewert's 5-2
Wichita sighting on this list--

My first sighting was around 2:20 PM yesterday 4/3-- it was soaring
high over the city (Wichita) and would have been difficult to
positively ID without binoculars. Later in the afternoon another
high-flying pointed-wing raptor caught my eye (see first two photos
this set https://www.flickr.com/photos/37889666@N03/albums/72157695768028114
) but it turned out to be a Swainson's hawk. But minutes later 3
Mississippi kites appeared, soaring just a few hundred feet above the
treetops. (See remaining 2 photos in set.)

Steve Seibel

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to
mailto:<ksbird-l-request...>