Date: 5/4/18 5:44 am
From: marilyn bell <marbell...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET A Thought About Ibis, Plus plentiful BAORs!
Since Ibis have been seen at a couple of spots, my sighting might be of interest.  Yesterday, looking out my front windows - facing, but not near, a tree line at Blackwell F.P., I spotted two very large birds perched at the tip top of one of the very tall bare trees. My first though was IBIS, because they had longish downturned bills, but I went through Sibley to be sure nothing else resembled their silhouettes and nothing did.
They were too far to make out any field marks, plus were facing away from me, except in turning their heads sideways.  Just beyond where they were looking, in Blackwell, are two smallish ponds, Silver Lake, and a marsh that's across the road west from Silver Lake.
Are they there? I have no idea, as was unable to go check.
I currently have FIVE(!) BALTIMORE ORIOLES fighting over my grape jelly, which hangs in an orange plastic dish.  All that orange and black is a sight to behold!!
Marilyn BellWarrenvilleDuPage County

Join us on Facebook!