Date: 5/4/18 3:59 am
From: Karen Markey <ylime...>
Subject: [birders] Final reminder: WAS field trip to Hudson Mills Metropark, Sunday, May 6, 7:45 am
This is a final reminder for the WAS-sponsored tour of spring migrants at
Hudson Mills Metropark on Sunday, May 6. We will meet at 7:45 am sharp at
the flagpole in the front of the Activity Center. If the entry booth is
unmanned, you can purchase a $10 daily parking permit from Metropark staff
at the Activity Center.

Sunday morning's forecast is for showers forecast in the morning and west
winds. It's two days away so let's hope the showers will come earlier or
later in the day. Be prepared for wet, dewy trails, grass, and fields. We
will do lots of hiking, stalking, standing, and circling back over the same
trails. No pets are allowed on the nature trails. Please, no strollers
either.

From Ann Arbor's northeast side, I drive to Hudson Mills as follows: head
north on US-23 and take exit 49, North Territorial Road. Turn left (west)
onto North Territorial and drive about eight to nine miles. A few hundred
feet after passing Huron River Drive, turn left (south) into Hudson Mills
Metropark. Take the second right into a large carpark that ends at the big
Activity Center. If you reach Dexter-Pinckney Road (where there's a
drive-through coffee shop), you have driven too far west on North
Territorial.

We will bird until the bird activity slows down, usually around 11 am. You
can leave the group at any time. Just ask me how to hike back to the
Activity Center's carpark. If you have questions, please message me ASAP.

See this and all WAS field trips at http://www.washtenawaudubon.org/
(scroll down and focus on right side of page).

PS. Save the date Sunday, May 13, leaving Ann Arbor at 5:50 am through late
afternoon, for our field trip to Magee Marsh in NW Ohio. Details to come.

Karen Markey
Email: <ylime...>
Web: http://ylime.people.si.umich.edu/

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org