Date: 5/4/18 3:35 am
From: G & J Fenton Friesen <friesen.fenton...>
Subject: SW 14th Street Wetland, Newton
(all Harvey County) I ran out to the SW 14th Street Wetland in Newton last
PM. Quite a change from the week before with only three species of ducks;
Wood, Blue-winged Teal and Mallard. Shorebirds were down to 1 Greater
Yellowlegs, 7 Least Sandpipers, two Spotted Sandpipers and 8 Killdeer. The
Canada Geese are holding strong and a handful of Double-crested Cormorants
sat on the shores. Swallow numbers are down apart from Purple Martins
which are thick.

The rain once again did not provide much run off as the creek was no higher
than before the rain as far as I could tell.

Gregg

--
Gregg & Joanna Fenton Friesen
Newton, KS