Date: 5/3/18 7:44 pm
From: Kevin Shank via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] 18 warblers & other migrants, Union Springs, R'ham County
I had a great day of birding today at our place in Union Springs. Started
before daylight and had 59 species, with 17 warblers, by the time I quit to
go to work at 9:45. After work I got one more warbler and 12 more species
total, making the final count 18 warblers and 71 sp. on our place today. The
warblers were Ovenbird (16), Worm-eating, LA Waterthrush, B&W, Nashville (at
least 2), Hooded, Redstart, Cape May, Northern Parula, Magnolia,
Bay-breasted, Blackburnian, Chestnut-sided, Black-throated Blue, Palm, Pine,
Y-rump, and Black-throated Green. Other good birds (some FOS) included
Osprey, Bald Eagle, Yellow-billed Cuckoo, Chuck-wills-widow, Eastern
Wood-Pewee, Acadian Flycatcher, Veery, Swainson's Thrush (2), Wood Thrush
(4).

Checklists are here: https://ebird.org/atlasva/view/checklist/S45211507

https://ebird.org/atlasva/view/checklist/S45231994

https://ebird.org/atlasva/view/checklist/S45235325