Date: 5/3/18 7:35 pm
From: 'Phil Brown' via NHBirds <nhbirds...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Monadnock Region warblers and more
I birded Pitcher Mountain in Stoddard this morning with a Harris Center birding by ear class. Among several warbler species was a Nashville, 2 Ovenbirds, and 2 Black-and-whites. Many Eastern Towhees put on a good visual and audio show near the fire tower. We flushed a Woodcock along the trail, heard a Ruffed Grouse drumming, and saw a few migrant raptors including an Osprey. We also had two groups(?) of two Red Crossbills each time, flying north along the ridgeline, and a couple of late Pine Siskins flyover.
At Granite Lake in Stoddard, several of us enjoyed an adult Bald Eagle, 2 Common Loons, and 2 Spotted Sandpipers.

Back home, we also had a Red Crossbill today, as well as Nashville, Ovenbird, BT Green, RT Hummingbird, Least Flycatcher, Field Sparrow. A little further down the road around sunset I heard a Solitary Sandpiper call overhead. Nine species of warblers in all today.

Phil Brown
Hancock, NH