Date: 5/3/18 6:49 pm
From: 'Dan Hubbard' via NHBirds <nhbirds...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Orchard Oriole eating orange
Among many FOY birds today at Strafford County Farm and my yard was a male Orchard Oriole that spent much of the afternoon and evening eating the orange I put out for the Baltimore Orioles. He was very aggressive and was dominating the Baltimores (4) until one male Baltimore realized he was bigger and engaged him in a bit of rough-house.
FOYs among the 43 species at SCF were Gray Catbird, Common Yellowthroat, Chestnut-sided Warbler, Ovenbird, and Yellow Warbler. FOYs among the 33 species in my yard were the above mentioned Baltimore and Orchard Orioles, Rose-breasted Grosbeak, and White-crowned Sparrow. Dan Hubbard, Rochester