Date: 5/3/18 6:15 pm
From: <scottvarney1968...> [hmbirds] <hmbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [HMBirds] Hudson Crossing: American Redstart and Warbling Vireos
On a quick lunch break to Hudson Crossing, found 2 Warbling Vireos and a single American Redstart right in the Honeysuckle bushes at the Western side of the parking lot, directly opposite the latrine. Also 3 Osprey were exceptionally vocal and displaying high in the air...they didn't stop calling for the 20 minutes I was there. Best find was a fully bloomed Bloodroot plant right on the edge of the woods trail leading toward the big iron bridge. Someday, I need to research bird migration timings with plant bloom times! Perhaps in my next lifetime!

Scott Varney
Salem NY

Posted by: <scottvarney1968...>

<*> Your email settings: