Date: 5/3/18 6:07 pm
From: james fuller <jnkfuller...>
Subject: [ia-bird] New Yard Bird and more
Hi All,
As I was watching the Baltimore and Orchard Orioles, and the RB Hummingbirds duke it out
over the hummingbird and grape jelly feeders, a Caspian Tern flew down the river for a new
yard bird ( #215).

Earlier, Jim Scheib and I watched an Osprey carrying nesting material to its mate atop
the cell tower along Swan Lake Road near I-380 roughly two miles north of North Liberty.
The previous two years have seen nesting attempts at this location without success.

The eight American Avocets in breeding plumage reported by Mark Brown today were still
present in the NE part of the lake at Terry Trueblood Rec. Area at the south edge of Iowa
City near dusk.

Jim Fuller, Iowa City