Date: 5/3/18 5:38 pm
From: Michael Fialkovich <mpfial...>
Subject: Allegheny County Blue Grosbeak--NO
Hi,

I searched for the Blue Grosbeak at Frick Park in Pittsburgh this evening and didn't find it. I didn't look in the location Matt found it because others were not finding it there and he said it was moving around a lot. I searched below the hill from there in the wetlands area where there is extensive brushy habitat, thinking it might have settled there.

I did have a nice pair of Orchard Orioles and heard a Great Crested Flycatcher calling. Also heard a Wood Thrush singing. I try to hold on to every minute during spring migration.

This was the second record of Blue Grosbeak at Frick Park. The previous was 10 May 1996. Hard to believe last Sunday was overcast with temperatures just below 40 degrees.

Mike Fialkovich
Pittsburgh Area, Allegheny County

Join us on Facebook!