Date: 5/3/18 2:42 pm
From: Douglas Harr <dnharr...>
Subject: [ia-bird] More Boone & Story Co. FOYs
Driving from Ogden to Ames, then to Story City, and then back to Ogden via
Bjorkboda Marsh, I managed to pick up 5 more FOY species, after I had
posted seeing my FOY Eastern Kingbird (near Story City) in an earlier
email. Additional new FOYs were:

- Rose-breasted Grosbeaks--LOTS in timber along the Skunk River
- Solitary Sandpiper--1 on a just-flooded spot in a cropfield NW of
Story City
- Sora--1 on private wetland 1 mi. W of Bjorkboda March
- Bobolink--1 flying over grassy hills 2 mi. W of Bjorkboda Marsh
- Forster's Tern--1 flying over the CWRP wetland 2 mi. SW of Bjorkboda
Marsh

in woodlands near the Skunk River in Story Co. there were a number of Palm
Warblers, but the most unusual was seeing 5 of them hopping around in a
corn stubble field about half a mile from any woodlands!

Doug Harr
Ogden