Date: 5/3/18 2:17 pm
From: Joseph C. Neal <joeneal...>
Subject: GOOD FLOODED FIELD HABITAT, BUT NOT MANY SHOREBIRDS
Weíve had heavy rain off and on all day in northwest Arkansas. Partially former prairie fields in Benton County sometimes good for shorebirds under these conditions didnít host many today. Too bad rain didnít start about mid-night. I only checked a few fields Ė maybe others had better luck. These birds were either at Craig State Fish Hatchery or a flooded field just east. Canada Goose with goslings (2 sizes), Blue-winged Teal (8), Semipalmated Plover (5), Killdeer (1), Lesser Yellowlegs (13), Spotted Sandpiper (3), Pectoral Sandpiper (7), Long-billed Dowitcher (2), Wilsonís Phalarope (4). We saw a hen Mallard with 5 adorable chicks at a water retention pond in Rogers.

Join us on Facebook!