Date: 5/3/18 12:58 pm
From: Bill Krouse <bkrouse1...>
Subject: [wisb] Bird walk at Sensiba Marsh, Brown County
Spring Bird Walk at Sensiba Marsh in Suamico on May 6th

Did you know that the Red-Winged Blackbird has a colorful first cousin?
Sensiba Marsh on the West Shores of Green Bay in Suamico is one of the places you can find the Yellow-Headed Blackbird. Take a leisurely walk with Bill & Sarah Krouse along the edges of the marsh to see this sentinel of spring, along with many other birds that call Sensiba Marsh home. Bill and his wife Sarah live in Suamico, but have birded all over the Midwest. Their programs are geared towards adults, both beginner and more experienced. We will talk about the ecology of the marsh and the birds & wildlife that call it home, as well as some of our migrating feathered friends. Sensiba Marsh is just one of the jewels that will soon make Suamico a Bird City USA!
7 am on Sunday morning, May 6th, we will meet at Sunset Beach Park on Sunset Beach Lane. Just follow County B towards the Bay (East) until it ends. We will walk the easy gravel trails on top of the dike on the perimeter of the marsh to look for spring birds. From blackbirds to waterfowl, to passerines, to raptors, to wading and shorebirds, we will see what is moving along the shoreline and in the marsh during this peak of spring migration. And we will see all of the birds dressed up with bright colors to attract mates, and begin their nesting process.
Dress for the weather including comfortable walking shoes, and bring some water to drink. If you do not have binoculars and a field guide, we can help you out. This program is free to the public and all are welcome. Call with questions at (920) 621-6222.

Bill Krouse