Date: 5/3/18 9:56 am
From: 'Marcy Stutzman' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Oxbow Lake: FOS Acadian Flycatcher, Red-eyed Vireo, Common Yellowthroat and more

-----Original Message-----
From: ebird-checklist
To: Marcy Stutzman
Sent: Thu, May 3, 2018 12:51 pm
Subject: eBird Report - Oxbow Lake, May 3, 2018

Oxbow Lake, Anne Arundel, Maryland, US
May 3, 2018
Comments: Conditions: 65-85°F, Sunny, Wind ESE. Went listening for Bobolinks, but none were found. Took pictures of the repaired dam. Frogs are singing, mating, and making a cacophony of sounds in the woods and in the lake! Dam photos found at: https://www.flickr.com/gp/birdy26md/q2449L

38 species

Canada Goose 4 2 on the river, 2 in the lake
Wood Duck 2 In channel
Great Blue Heron 4
Black Vulture 2
Turkey Vulture 1
Osprey 2 One on tower. One caught a fish and was flying in the direction of the tower.
Bald Eagle 1
Red-shouldered Hawk 3
Killdeer 1
Solitary Sandpiper 1 In the channel. Sounded off when I threw a big branch in the channel.
Barred Owl 2 Listened to two dueting as I stood looking at the piece of lumber nailed to a tree across the channel.
Belted Kingfisher 1
Red-bellied Woodpecker 2
Downy Woodpecker 2
Northern Flicker 1