Date: 5/3/18 9:40 am
From: Antonio, Robert J. <anto...>
Subject: Burcham
It was a pleasant early morning along the Kaw. I listed 59 species about the same as yesterday. But the activity has dropped off a bit from yesterday and definitely from the two days before. I walked with Jon King a bit and his assessment was the same. Also, ran into Molly Zahn who was likely still out after I left. I think a lot of birds exited the park after the storms. For example, I had 4 Wood Thrushes yesterday & none today and Clay-colored Sparrows were vocal and plentiful and heard only 2 today. Maybe I was not listening well but I did not list a Red-eyed Vireo today.

Warbler
Yellow-rumped ~60 mostly females but a fair amount of song still in a very quick walk on river trail
Yellow ~ 30 almost all males
Orange-crowned - 6 still getting some song
Tennessee - 3 singing
Nashville warbler - 5 - a lot of partial songs I didn't count
Black & White - 3 2 singing
Northern Parula - 4 singing
Wilson's- 1
Common Yellowthroat - 1FOSB
Chestnut-sided - 1FOS thanks Jon

Least Flycatcher - 5 calling
Eastern Kingbird 2FOS
Orchard Oriole - 1FOS
Yellow-throated Vireo - 1 singing
Blue-headed Vireo - 1 singing
Rose-breasted Grosbeak - 10 perhaps the most I have had in morning walk

White-crowned Sparrow - 1FOS
White Throated Sparrow 10+ lot of notes
Lincoln Sparrow - 2
Harris Sparrow - ~6 lot of notes
Clay-colored Sparrow - 2
Chipping Sparrow - 3

Fish Crow - 5 flyover from west all calling

Bob Antonio
Lawrence

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to