Date: 5/3/18 8:39 am
From: 'Michael Sweeney' <mike.sweeney2005...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Montrose Point (Cook County) 5/3/18
It was a decent -- but damp and chilly -- morning at Montrose Point for lots
of things other than warblers, of which I had only Yellow-rumpeds,
Ovenbirds, and one Northern Waterthrush. My best birds included a
continuing Whip-poor-will, a Marsh Wren, Willets on the beach, and a Sora in
the marshy area between the dune and the shoreline. A decent variety of
sparrows -- White-throated, White-crowned, Savannah, Swamp, Chipping,
Lincoln's, Song; I heard rumors of Harris' and Lark, but didn't encounter
either. Other FOY birds for me included Great Blue Heron, Spotted
Sandpiper, Forster's Tern, Chimney Swift, and Indigo Bunting. I think my
species total was 42, in about two and a half hours.

Michael J. Sweeney

(h) 773-281-7249

(c) 312-404-0928

<mike.sweeney2005...> <mailto:<mike.sweeney2005...>

Join us on Facebook!