Date: 5/3/18 7:41 am
From: 'Bill Rapai' via Birders <birders...>
Subject: [birders] OT -- need advice on developing a spreadsheet for birding records
Birders:

Grosse Pointe Audubon annually holds the Grosse Pointe Birding Challenge, a fun competition where teams from the five Grosse Pointes compete to find as many bird species as they can in a morning.

We now have 12 years of data and it's time to memorialize it a format that is accessible and potentially useful. I am thinking putting the data in a spreadsheet, but I have absolutely no idea how to format it. We need species, date, and location -- across a 12-year horizon and scalable to add future data.

If anybody has any advice on formatting, I would be happy to listen -- off list, of course,

Thank you!

Bill Rapai
Grosse Pointe

Author of Brewed in Michigan: The New Golden Age of Brewing in the Great Beer State, which has been named a Michigan Notable Book for 2018 by the Library of Michigan. http://www.wsupress.wayne.edu/books/detail/brewed-michigan

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<163267388f9-c8d-12da6...>