Date: 5/3/18 6:17 am
From: Warblerick <ricksussman1955...>
Subject: [MDBirding] FOY birds
4 FOY birds in the yard this morning, but still it was relatively quiet. Lots of "fake warblers" (Ruby-crowned Kinglets) around to make it a bit lively, but I did manage to find a glowing male CAPE MAY WARBLER, feeding in our tallest wild cherry tree, in perfect morning sun, which almost never happens here (yard bird No.74). Just prior to this a silent BLUE-HEADED VIREO tried to sneak by right overhead, but I caught it before it flew off (yard bird No.73). Then an early EASTERN WOOD-PEWEE sang very close by (yard bird No.75), and towards the end of my walk, a skulking and quiet GRAY CATBIRD was seen in a thicket in the corner of the yard (yard bird No.76).

Quite a few Yellow-rumped Warblers the past several days, and Blue Jays are starting to pass over in migration in good numbers now, and I saw a pair gathering nest material as well.

We'll see what tomorrow brings,
Rick Sussman
Woodbine, MD