Date: 5/3/18 4:18 am
From: <outdoordb...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET 1st for me: Red-wing on green heron
I've watched red-winged blackbirds aggressively attack or chase many things: owls, hawks, crows and even the occasional golfer. But Monday I saw something new, at least for me.

Walking the family mutt, Lady, around the old clay pits on the north end of St. Anne, I saw a green heron in a tree right next to me, which I found a bit odd. Then I saw why. It was seeking cover from a redwing dive-bombing it. The green heron finally flew off again with the redwing literally on its tail all the way to another old pit.

Dale Bowman
St. Anne
Kankakee County

Join us on Facebook!