Date: 5/2/18 9:39 pm
From: Kimberly Springer <springer0707...>
Subject: Orioles, Warblers, Vireos... Mercer County
Today was a wonderful day to wake up to find 6 Baltimore Orioles and two
male Rose-breasted Grosbeaks at my feeders in Mercer, PA.

I then met some friends (including Steve Sanford) at Golden Run Access Area
at Shenango Reservoir, Clark, PA and had about 42 species including
Warblers of: Cape May 2, Nashville 2, Yellow 9, Yellow-rumped 8, Northern
Parula, and Palm 2. We also had 3 White-eyed Vireo, Eastern Kingbird, 2
Rose-breasted Grosbeak, 6 Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, 2 adult Bald Eagle, 2
Brown Thrasher, etc.

I then headed to West River Road at Shenango Reservoir, Clark, PA and had
Warbler species of: Hooded, Yellow, Blue-winged, and two male American
Redstart. There was a singing battle between a male Rose-breasted Grosbeak,
2 Yellow-throated Vireo, and an American Robin. All in all, it was a great
day to be outside!

Kim Springer
Mercer County

Join us on Facebook!