Date: 5/2/18 8:25 pm
From: Tina Jones <tjcalliope...>
Subject: [cobirds] Red Crossbills,,Denver and Jefferson Counties
Hi all,

I have heard Red Crossbills calling while they flew over my yard and west, into Denver county, for the last 3, days.

I am in Jefferson County, one block away from Denver County. The last week has been pretty active, with a flock of 6, White-crowned Sparrow, feeding with 1, Chipping Sparrow, a single Lincoln's Sparrow[hanging around for days], and on 5/1, I had 1, Green-tailed Towhee.

The onslaught of House Wrens, continues. One continued to go in and out of a Chickadee box, while the chickadee remained very passive and the latter is the one who did all the work lining the box with moss, fur, and plant materials. The outcome is not looking too good at this point.

Happy Birding!!

Tina Jones

Littleton, Jefferson County, CO.