Date: 5/2/18 7:12 pm
From: Ann Pettigrew <rook185...>
Subject: York County - Raptors and Warblers
I birded Rocky Ridge County Park this morning and had a good variety of raptors including a Broad-winged Hawk, a pair of Cooper's Hawks, a Red-tailed Hawk and a Barred Owl that flew across the trail in front of me. Warblers were Northern Parula, Yellow-rumps, Ovenbirds, and Yellow.

Later in the morning I drove down Gut Rd. along the river and got a Magnolia Warbler, a Black-throated Green, Northern Parulas, an American Redstart, a beautiful male Blackburnian Warbler and a Blue-headed Vireo.

All in all, a pretty good morning.

Ann C. Pettigrew, V.M.D.
York, PA
<rook185...>
www.pbase.com/rook185

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." - John Muir.

Join us on Facebook!