Date: 5/2/18 6:36 pm
From: <birdingsd...> [sd-birds] <sd-birds-noreply...>
Subject: [sd-birds] Prairie Warbler Sioux Falls
Birded this evening at outdoor campus in Sioux Falls. Ran into another birder there and we were talking about what we were seeing, mostly yellow-rumped warblers. We spotted a very yellow warbler, and in looking at it with binoculars we were very surprised to see it was a prairie warbler! It was relatively close and we were fortunate to watch it for several minutes as it foraged in the trees back and forth across the path.

Other warblers tonight were more usual suspects, many yellow-rumped warblers, a couple orange-crowned, and a palm. I went out tonight hoping for a FOY warbler and ended up with a new life bird! I love migration!

Happy Birding,

Bridget

Join us on Facebook!