Date: 5/2/18 5:52 pm
From: Chad Witko <chadjwitko...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Walpole Swan Sp.
Greetings,

Enjoying some long anticipated warm weather, Phil Brown and I decided to
grab some dinner and beverages tonight at the Hungry Diner in Walpole.

Sitting outside and thinking of nighthawks more than waterfowl, we were
surprised to discover a silent swan flying north over us approaching dusk.
We both saw the bird and immediately thought "goose" instead of swan, which
gave the bird just enough time to get over and past us. Perhaps it was the
beverages or just not having swan on our radar. Either way, we were able to
eventually get on the bird with Phil's binoculars, but no discerning
features were evident at that point in the light that was present. Our
initial feeling was that this was a Mute Swan, but we have to realistically
just leave it as swan sp.

If anyone is in the Walpole/Bellows Falls area tomorrow, it might be
worthwhile to check out these areas of the CT River or other nearby bodies
of water.

Cheers,
Chad Witki

--
Chad Witko
www.chat-happens.com

"I came to believe birds are the most vivid expression of life. It made me
aware of the world in which we live."
Roger Tory Peterson