Date: 5/2/18 2:59 pm
From: Sandy Berger <sndbrgr...>
Subject: Only during migration...
Spent the day at Sequoyah NWR. I had 82 species. It was a great day to out.

On one of my last stops I saw a Sora on one side of the road, then turned
and saw a Blackpoll Warbler on the other side. That only happens in
migration. Had a total of 9 male Blackpolls and 3 Northern Waterthrushes
mixed in a huge flock of Yellow-rumped Warblers. It was a fallout of sorts.
They were all in the trees just north of the river.

Shorebird and marshy waterbird habitat is limited. But I had ten
White-faced Ibis, 3 Wilson's Phalarope, Least S, both Yellowlegs, and Pects.

It was a grand day out.

Sandy B
Sequoyah County

Join us on Facebook!