Date: 5/2/18 2:03 pm
From: David Scott <dscott0313...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] BBC Mt Auburn trip 5/2 Cerulean!
A better morning at Mt Auburn, with plenty of newly arrived migrants. Very
little activity early on, but things picked up when we reached the Dell and
Harvard Hill.

Many Yellow-rumps, a couple of Black & White Warblers, Palm and Pine
Warblers. Heard a Parula. Great looks at Blue-headed Vireos. Great Horned
Owl flying in the Dell around 7am. Brown Thrasher was seen by a few of the
group.

While we were up at the tower, we were tipped off about at least one
and maybe two Cerulean Warblers near Spectacle Pond / Harvard Hill, and
thanks to a second update while we were searching on the hill, we were able
to get terrific views of one feeding low in the bushes over the water, near
the bridge at Spectacle Pond. For a moment, it even hovered just a few feet
above our heads, hunting an insect.

Not a single catbird, phoebe or oriole to be found, but that was OK.
They'll be here soon.

David Scott
Newton

Join us on Facebook!