Date: 5/2/18 10:08 am
From: Al Schirmacher <Alschirmacher...>
Subject: Western Atchison County Report 5/1 & 5/2
99 species at Atchison Lake & general Muscotah area last two days between Don Merz & myself. 13 warblers, 11 sparrows, 4 vireos (surprisingly I only have Yellow-throated, Don found other three), only 7 shorebird species (not area forte), 6 grosbeaks/buntings.

Highlights included 12 warbler species at Atchison Lake this morning on two hour walk...Blackpoll found by Don near Delaware River...two Prothonotaries in area (we normally get near Missouri River for this county)...4 Pine Siskins at my feeders...return of Bobolinks & Dickcissels...and first Blue Grosbeak I've seen at Atchison Lake.

The latter area was a symphony of song today. Even the Lincoln's Sparrow sang its full song (personally have only heard in northern MN).

Al Schirmacher

Muscotah KS

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to