Date: 5/2/18 8:33 am
From: Geoff Malosh <pomarine...>
Subject: Birds galore - Allegheny
As expected today brought a large new wave of birds to southwestern
Pennsylvania, with many reports already coming in. Because of a strange work
schedule, I actually started birding at 3:30am, listening to a large flight
of nocturnal migrants over the house which included many Swainson's Thrush,
some Veery and Wood Thrush, Scarlet Tanager, and others. One possible very
early Gray-cheeked Thrush which I will have to check the recordings for.
After dawn, a few hours in Sewickley Park netted 13 warbler species and 57
species overall, highlighted by Northern Waterthrush and first appearances
of Least and Great Crested Flycatchers, Yellow-throated Vireo, Blackburnian
Warbler, Cerulean Warbler, Indigo Bunting, Rose-breasted Grosbeak, Scarlet
Tanager, and Baltimore Oriole.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45173335

Geoff

Geoff Malosh