Date: 5/2/18 7:39 am
From: Nancy L Newfield <nancy...>
Subject: Re: [LABIRD-L] Louisiana Life birding article
Jane et al.,

Sometime in the past, I made a vow never to give interviews to newspapers.
Lo and behold, I refused the "Times Picayune", so they wrote an article
about me anyway, mentioning some of the plants [NOT] that I grew. I was so
fried about it that I consulted a lawyer about filing suit but I was
assured that unless I had had major financial losses from the erroneous
'information', I did not have 'cause'. Unfortunately, not all people who
write for publications adhere to real professional standards.

In 2014, I was interviewed by an editor for the Wall Street Journal. He
was appalled when I related the above and he called me back several times
to make sure he was stating things correctly. That is professionalism.

Nan

--
Nancy L Newfield

Join us on Facebook!