Date: 5/2/18 4:24 am
From: Joe Suchecki <issuesman50...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Springbrook PrairieBrewer's Sparrow (no) and WhIp-poor-will
I was not able to relocate the Brewer's Sparrow at Springbrook Prairie, Naperville, DuPage County, after the initial siting on Monday.  However, as I was walking back to my car yesterday (along with Pete Moxon and Mia) we flushed a nightjar from the footpath through a small woods.  We were able to relocate the bird where it perched, and it turned out to be a Whip-poor-will. This is a new species for Springbrook.  The Whip-poor-will was located in the small woodlot just north of 87th St and west of Springbrook Creek.
Also seen there were Northern Waterthrush, Swainson's Thrush, and Gray-cheeked Thrush.
Joe SucheckiNaperville

Join us on Facebook!