Date: 5/2/18 3:08 am
From: James Wilson <birdmanjfw...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Fledgling Carolina Wrens
On Monday, 31 April, 2 Carolina Wrens fledged from their nest. I had heard a lot of "chirping" coming from the nest and Mama (or Papa) was close by. I started watching what was going on and two wrens flew out. One made it about 15 feet to a branch and the other went about 10 feet until it kinda crash landed on the ground. I find it rather amazing that the parents were able to find enough food to feed the nestlings during the very cool weather we were having.
Jim Wilson
Queenstown