Date: 5/1/18 8:59 pm
From: George Hammond <worldsmith...>
Subject: Re: [birders] OT: Monitoring a nest site using an automated camera
Hi Bob and all,

There is a company called Wingscapes that makes remote cameras designed specifically for photographing birds at short range, at feeders, baths, etc. I don’t know how the technology compares to other cameras, but at least they are designed for what you want. They apparently had a deal with Audubon to sell and Audubon Birdcam, but that doesn’t seem to be in production anymore.

Here’s the Wingscapes site:
https://www.wingscapes.com/

I used one of their older products, the Audubon Birdcam, to find out what was eating my tomatos a couple of years ago (it was a squirrel). I don’t know how well they work for birds.

The Ann Arbor District Library has several of these Audubon Birdcams available for folks who live in the Ann Arbor School District to borrow and use. I think maybe you don’t live in the district, but I bet they would let you at least mess with one at the library if you wanted to.
https://aadl.org/catalog/record/10260118 <https://aadl.org/catalog/record/10260118>

fwiw,

George

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org