Date: 5/1/18 6:47 pm
From: Dave Tracy <davidctracy...>
Subject: [COBOL] ECAS Birding By Ear Tuesday May 1st
Not as much activity as last week, but we had some first of the season birds to keep things interesting.  Some of the group continued after I had to leave so there may be a few additions to the list.  Here's what we saw:
Sawyer Park, Deschutes, Oregon, USMay 1, 2018 8:00 AM - 9:30 AMProtocol: Traveling1.0 mile(s)Comments:    ECAS Birding By Ear group39 species (+1 other taxa)
Canada Goose  8    One pair with a single goslingMallard  30    Several with new broodsCalifornia Quail  4Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon)  4Eurasian Collared-Dove  2Mourning Dove  12Vaux's Swift  2    First of Season for BBE groupNorthern Flicker  6Empidonax sp.  1    Quick look at a silent birdCassin's Vireo  1    First of Season for BBE groupSteller's Jay  5California Scrub-Jay  2American Crow  1Common Raven  1Northern Rough-winged Swallow  15Tree Swallow  25Violet-green Swallow  50Bank Swallow  2Barn Swallow  1Mountain Chickadee  4Bushtit  6    Pair seen working on nestRed-breasted Nuthatch  1Pygmy Nuthatch  15House Wren  6Ruby-crowned Kinglet  3American Robin  15European Starling  3Cedar Waxwing  2Orange-crowned Warbler  2Yellow-rumped Warbler  18Townsend's Warbler  1    First of Season for BBE group, nice bright maleWhite-crowned Sparrow  1Song Sparrow  5Red-winged Blackbird  35Brown-headed Cowbird  10Evening Grosbeak  5   First of Season for BBE groupHouse Finch  20Pine Siskin  5Lesser Goldfinch  10House Sparrow  8
View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45160070

Good birding,

Dave
<dave...>