Date: 5/1/18 6:35 pm
From: Jon Woolf <jsw...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Snowy Owl at Ragged Neck, May 1st
I was on the coast today, enjoying the nice weather and looking for
spring birds. Didn't find much, but while I was at Ragged Neck, a
large white bird came up from the rocks and glided past me.

First thought: that's a funny-looking gull.
Second thought: wait, where's its face?
Third thought: Good lord, that's a Snowy Owl! In New Hampshire! In MAY!

I think it was a different individual from the one that hung around
Ragged Neck over the winter; I saw that bird several times, and this
one seemed to have a bit more dark barring.

What's the latest recorded date for a Snowy in NH?

-- Jon Woolf
Manchester, NH