Date: 5/1/18 5:53 pm
From: Paul Peterson <petersonpaul63...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Burrage Pond W.M.A.
Hi,
This place is 2,130 acres in size. I covered it extensively. Funny that I found a HENRY'S ELFIN. Just recently, I bumped into Steve Moore at Fowl Meadow in Canton, and he was looking for this exact same  butterfly species. Honestly, I didn't even know what a Henry's Elfin was at the time! Highlights from 8:20-4:40:

Common Loon 1
Great Blue Heron 20          guess; constantly coming and going (nearby rookery)
Great Egret 7
Wood Duck 5
Green-winged Teal 2
BALD EAGLE 2                 seen together around 4:30 soaring over pines in north end
Red-tailed Hawk 3
Red-shouldered Hawk 1
Osprey 2+
SANDHILL CRANE 1     north end; mostly hidden in cattails
Killdeer 5
Greater Yellowlegs 9
Lesser Yellowlegs 1
Eastern Kingbird 2
Great Crested Flycatcher 1
Carolina Wren 3
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 2
Gray Catbird 1
Brown Thrasher 2

WARBLERS:
Ovenbird 2
Yellow-rumped 25
Yellow 8
Northern Waterthrush 4
Black and White 5
Pine 18
Palm 2
Common Yellowthroat 1
Eastern Towhee 17
Field Sparrow 3                  two mating!
Swamp Sparrow 25
Savannah Sparrow 3

OTHER LIVING THINGS:
Spring Azure 4
HENRY'S ELFIN 1            SEE ABOVE; south end area in swamp trail
Northern Leopard Frog 6
Spring Peeper 2
Green Frog
Painted Turtle 300            not a typo
Spotted Turtle 3
Garter Snake 1

Paul Peterson
<petersonpaul63...>