Date: 5/1/18 5:12 pm
From: Glyn Dawson <dawg...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: IBET Jackson Park - 13 Warblers, many other migrants
I had a blackburnian a prothonotary and my first cerulean here in 25 years all in the area just around the Darrow bridge
I will have to try for the worm eating warbler tomorrow I was too busy trying to photo the swamp sparrows in that areaglun daewso

Sent from my iPhone

On May 1, 2018, at 5:25 PM, Paul Clyne <paulclyne2000...><mailto:<paulclyne2000...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...><mailto:<ILbirds-noreply...>> wrote:

In addition to Hale & Auerbach's nice list of species at the Wooded Island/Bobolink Meadow area in Jackson Park today, there was a WORM-EATING WARBLER a little south of the Japanese Garden on Wooded Island this morning, foraging at the cove off lamppost #35.

Paul Clyne
Hyde Park, Chicago (Cook Co)

<paulclyne2000...><mailto:<paulclyne2000...>

On Tuesday, May 1, 2018, 10:55:06 AM CDT, Alex Hale <peregrintk95...><mailto:<peregrintk95...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...><mailto:<ILbirds-noreply...>> wrote:

Anya Auerbach and I birded Wooded Island/Bobolink Meadow this morning and had a ton of migrants with 16 FOYs, including Cape May Warbler, Orchard Oriole, Least Flycatcher and Indigo Bunting.

The highlight was the lawn to the southeast of the Museum of Science & Industry which was covered with warblers, mostly Palm and Myrtle but also including Pine, Tennessee, Nashville, Orange-Crowned and Ovenbird..

Full checklist here: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45139517

Alex Hale
Hyde Park, Chicago

Join us on Facebook!