Date: 5/1/18 4:56 pm
From: Douglas Harr <dnharr...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Story Co.-McFarland Park birds
Found 2 FOY *Nashville Warblers* at McFarland Park, NE of Ames, this
afternoon while leading three field trips for 3 graders. Also saw lots of
Ruby-crowned Kinglets; White-throated, White-crowned and Lincoln's
Sparrows; plus the kids found a dead Yellow-rumped Warbler male. Had been
partially eaten by some critter, but the kids passed it around to learn all
the field marks! Before I arrived at 11:30, the nature center staff also
had Baltimore Orioles at their feeders (but I didn't get to see one).

Doug Harr
Ogden