Date: 5/1/18 6:26 am
From: Karen Holliday <ladyhawke1...>
Subject: Bobolinks
I stopped by the NorthShore Industrial Park in North Little Rock (Maumelle/Crystal Hill exit off I-430) yesterday afternoon on my way home from work.  At the end of Northshore Drive there is a large field that extends over to the back side of the Burns Park sewage treatment plant.  The field is full of vetch and colorful wildflowers.  Several dozen flocks of Bobolinks and Red-winged Blackbirds were constantly flushing and flying around the fields adding their own bursts of color.  Circling overhead were Cliff, Barn, and Rough-winged Swallows.  A few Ring-billed Gulls were skimming the sewer pond.  Eastern Kingbirds were sitting on the fence that surrounds the sewer plant.  I heard Dickcissels, but they were buried in the dense vetch.  Quite the busy place!

Not much was happening at Cook's Landing at the Big Dam Bridge.  There were a couple of gulls, a few White Pelicans, more Cliff Swallows, and Canada Geese with their fuzzy yellow babies.  No Least Terns yet.
Karen HollidayMaumelle

Join us on Facebook!