Date: 5/1/18 6:22 am
From: Alyssa DeRubeis <alderubeis...>
Subject: Bobolinks, N. Waterthrush (Washington Co.)
While conducting transect surveys at Woolsey Wet Prairie (Fayetteville), I had a trio of male Bobolinks fly over, giving their distinctive rising “chink” note that I miss from my Wisconsin prairie bird survey days. Frequenting one of the ponds on the NW side was a Northern Waterthrush. Where I’m from, this is the “default” waterthrush, but down here it’s the opposite. I got a good look at the buffy coloration on its underside. Gray Catbird was another first-of-year for me, and Blue Grosbeak, Orchard Oriole, and Dickcissel abounded. Good birding!

Alyssa DeRubeis
Fayetteville, Washington Co

Join us on Facebook!