Date: 4/30/18 8:00 pm
From: John Row <johmarrow...>
Subject: Re: Baltimore oriole
A few years back our first try with the jelly drew more bees and wasps than orioles. I think last year was the first year that we really went through the jelly. A number of bird species came for the jelly as well as squirrels but we had lots of orioles coming to the jelly most of the summer. We had our first-of-year Baltimore orioles this morning with two brightly colored males. This evening a first year male had joined them. One of the adult males even fed at the hummingbird feeder. Based on today's activity we had better stock up on grape jelly.

Good Birding,

John and Diane Row

Manhattan, KS