Date: 4/30/18 6:41 pm
From: Richard Gregg <greggra...>
Subject: Re: Purple Gallinule Relocated 4/30 (Cabell)
Jim Triplett and I both got to see it a little after Josh left. We were heading out and spotted it in the scrub trees. Life Bird for me!

I also saw a Prothonatary Warbler around 15:00 this afternoon. Not at Greenbottom, but at the Marmet Locks! I stopped there on the way home from Greenbottom. None of the Willets were left but I did see Spotted and Solitary Sandpipers.

It was a great day!
Rick Gregg
Kanawha Co., WV

> On Apr 30, 2018, at 10:30 AM, jhollandua <jhollandua...> wrote:
>
> The Purple Gallinule is still present at Hoeft Marsh (Cabell). Flushed at roughly 9:15 and flew into row of bushes to left of path roughly 60 yds from beginning of second pond. Was not seen after flushing but responded once to playback.
> Richard Gregg and Jim Triplett are on site trying to relocate the bird.
> Josh HollandHuntington, WV

Join us on Facebook!