Date: 4/30/18 6:25 pm
From: Susan Hedman <2winterwren...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Ravenswood in the rain, Gloucester Apr 29, 2018
Ravenswood Park 01930
Apr 29, 2018 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Protocol: Traveling 2.0 mile(s)
Comments: Ravenswood and vicinity light to medium rain showers.
Thinking I was going to be rained on all day I decided to go there to see
what I might be able to hear. Also walked across street and a few areas
adjacent to the park
26 species

Canada Goose (Branta canadensis) 35
Double-crested Cormorant (Phalacrocorax auritus) 2
Red-tailed Hawk (Buteo jamaicensis) 2
Downy Woodpecker (Picoides pubescens) 2
Northern Flicker (Colaptes auratus) 1
Eastern Phoebe (Sayornis phoebe) 2
Blue Jay (Cyanocitta cristata) 6
American Crow (Corvus brachyrhynchos) 4
Tree Swallow (Tachycineta bicolor) 6
Black-capped Chickadee (Poecile atricapillus) 8
Tufted Titmouse (Baeolophus bicolor) 4
White-breasted Nuthatch (Sitta carolinensis) 2
Brown Creeper (Certhia americana) 2
Carolina Wren (Thryothorus ludovicianus) 1
American Robin (Turdus migratorius) 4
Northern Waterthrush (Parkesia noveboracensis) 1 singing by the
intersection on Magnolia Swamp Trail and Fernwood Trail
Black-and-white Warbler (Mniotilta varia) 3
Pine Warbler (Setophaga pinus) 4
Chipping Sparrow (Spizella passerina) 10
Song Sparrow (Melospiza melodia) 2
Swamp Sparrow (Melospiza georgiana) 1
Northern Cardinal (Cardinalis cardinalis) 4
Red-winged Blackbird (Agelaius phoeniceus) 40 A large raucous flock of
blackbirds descended on the red maple swamp across the street from the
entrance to the Magnolia Woods. With the rain I could not see them all that
well, but I did think I was hearing Rusty Blackbirds too. Will have to go
back in better weather.
Brown-headed Cowbird (Molothrus ater) 6
Common Grackle (Quiscalus quiscula) 35
American Goldfinch (Spinus tristis) 2

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45123559

Susan Hedman, Gloucester
"I believe in God, only I spell it Nature." Frank Lloyd Wright

Join us on Facebook!