Date: 4/30/18 6:08 pm
From: Peter Fissel <peter.fissel...>
Subject: [wisb] Madison Audubon Warbler Walks start Tuesday
Just in time for the arrival of some migrants (finally!), the annual schedule of Madison Audubon weekday Warbler Walks begins tomorrow (May 1.) The walks begin at 6:00 a.m. and wrap up by 8:00 for those who need to get to work or class, although if things are hopping, the retirees often keep birding.

Tomorrow and next Tuesday's walks are at the UW Arboretum. Meet at the visitor's center main parking lot.

This Weds. (5/2) and Weds. May 16 are at Cherokee Marsh; meet at the north end of Sherman Ave.

This Thursday and next Thursday (5/3 & 10) are at Turville Point (adjacent to Olin Park.) Meet at the parking lot at the south end of Olin Park, across from the Alliant Center where Olin Ave. splits off from John Nolen Dr.

As always, walks are subject to cancellation if weather conditions are less than pleasant (i.e., steady or heavy rain or especially lightning.) However, we will go out if rain is light and intermittent (birding can be good if it lets up.) Dress for it, and use your best judgement as to whether to show up. If it's questionable, usually one of the leaders will be there to let folks know if the walk is called off. We will try to cancel the previous day if things don't look good. Check the website (and Facebook if you're on it.)

The full schedule of Madison Audubon field trips can be found at the website:

http://madisonaudubon.org/

Note that you do not need to be a member of MAS to attend the majority of our field trips, nor do you need to sign up ahead of time unless stated on the trip description. (A few trips have a limit.)

Peter Fissel

Madison Audubon Field Trips Coordinator

Madison, Dane Co.