Date: 4/30/18 4:18 pm
From: <jacksonwrxt89...>
Subject: [NHBirds] LITTLE GULL - Lake Sunapee
This morning I scanned Lake Sunapee again for any continuation of yesterday’s fallout of waterbirds. There was another amazing flock of BONAPARTE’S GULLS which I was able to count at least 257 birds. There were also 17 RED-NECKED GREBES as well as some distant ducks I could not see well enough to identify.
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45096293

The huge flock inspired Eric Masterson to make the trip up to search the gulls for any rarities as I was stuck at work all day. Upon leaving work I got an email from Eric telling me he had found a LITTLE GULL amongst the flock. I flew right down where he was paddling his way back to shore in a canoe and helped me find the bird through his scope. An incredible bird for inland NH and Lake Sunapee. The only other neat bird around them was a random male Gadwall swimming off shore. I got some digiscoped photos but Eric got much better photos.
https://flic.kr/p/JznsDU
https://flic.kr/p/25Bvy5G

We saw the bird from the Lake Sunapee Yacht Club which is a private club off Garnet Hill Road in Sunapee. It is the off season still so there isn’t many people around but it is private property. I will be checking for the gulls in the morning and will report if they’re around, but with the coming nice weather it would be safe to assume that they may leave by morning.

-Dylan Jackson
Sunapee

Sent from my iPhone